“These wounds are the principal way we are to recognize Him when He comes. He may invite us forward, as He has invited others, to see and to feel those marks. If not before, then surely at that time, we will remember with Isaiah that it was for us that a God was ‘despised and rejected . . . ; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief,’ that ‘he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed’ (Isa. 53:3, 5)”
[Jeffery R. Holland “Teaching, Preaching, Healing,” Ensign, Jan 2003, 42.]
[Same arrangement can be bought here.]
“...I am bound to Christ, who has bought me with His blood and won me with His love. I am bound to Him by ties that reach to the very depths of my soul. Even when I wander, I feel the tug of His loving question “Will you also go away?” And with Peter I feel constrained to exclaim, “Lord, to whom shall I go? thou hast the words of eternal life.”
“The Lord’s questions call me home. They draw me back to my true self, to my eternal nature. While sin leads me ever farther away from myself, into a realm of masks and error, the Lord’s interrogatives invite me to claim my true name—son of God—and beckon me to my true home.
[John S. Tanner, “Responding to the Lord’s Questions,” Ensign, Apr 2002, 26]
The duet that followed was Kenneth Cope's I'll Believe in Him from Greater than us All.


0 comments:
Post a Comment