Monday, March 8, 2010

I Go To The Rock

To say music is important in my life is a bit of an understatement.  Last night I was listening to some inspirational music that has been in my library for years and as I listened my mind flashed through all the times that I have listened to these songs when I've been stressed, sad, depressed, elated, inspired etc.  I got the album when I was in community college and Andreya and I used to sing it at the top of our lungs in the car.  When I got home from my mission the Stake President came over to the house and released me.  When he left dad reached over and turned on the stereo and I laughed when I heard the song "Joy."  It was such a bitter sweet moment.  I knew that I had completed/survived my mission and was greatly blessed for it but now it was over.  Sad day.  I also sang these songs at the top of my lungs in the car with Suzie on our little Canadian adventure trying to stay awake. I think I'll head out today and make a new memory association and sing them as I jog/walk around the lake at Roundhay Park.
----


  Doctrine and Covenants 18:10-17
  10 Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God;
  11 For, behold, the Lord your Redeemer suffered death in the flesh; wherefore he suffered the pain of all men, that all men might repent and come unto him.
  12 And he hath risen again from the dead, that he might bring all men unto him, on conditions of repentance.
  13 And how great is his joy in the soul that repenteh!
  14 Wherefore, you are called to cry repentance unto this people.
  15 And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!
  16 And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me!
  17 Behold, you have my gospel before you, and my rock, and my salvation.


--

Oh joy in my soul
Oh joy, joy down in my soul
Sweet beautiful soul saving joy
Oh joy, joy, joy in my soul
Joy, joy, joy in my soul oh

He sent from up above
This special gift of love
More precious than silver or gold
He was sent this holiday
To take our pain away

Way down deep joy
Joy, joy, joy
I've got joy
Way down deep inside my soul joy
Unspeakable joy
Joy in my soul







---

When you're down and in despair
Don't be uneasy because He'll be there
Say don't you worry, no don't you fret
The Lord has never, never failed you yet 


Now when it seems that you can't stand
Just hold on to God's unchanging hand
Yeah, weeping may, yes, endure for just one night,
But joy will come in the morning light

[Chorus:]
Hold on he's on his way
Come on hold on
See I've tried it and I know
Help is on the way
Hold on, hold on
I'm begging cause I know
He's on his way

He may not come when you want him
But he's right on time
But he'll be right there (on time)

Help is on the way
Help is on the way
Help is on the way yeah
The word told me
If I ask he's on his way
I'm thankful cause I know he is

Come on just say, help
Come on just try, help
Ask him for a little bit, help
He'll give it to you right away, help
Help, Believe he's on his way now, help
Help, Know the help I know, help
I've called him before, help
He said his help on his way, help
Help is on the way



---



Where do I go?
When there's nobody else to turn to
Who do I talk to?
When nobody wants to listen
Who do I lean on? Oh
When there is no foundation stable
I go to the rock
I know he is able, I go to the rock

[Chorus:]
I go to the rock of my salvation
I go to the stone that the builders rejected
I run to the mountain
And the mountain he stands by me
When the Earth all around me is sinking sand
On Christ the solid rock I stand
When I need a shelter I go to the rock

Where do I go, where do I go
When the storms of life are threatening
Who do I turn to when those winds of sorrow blow
And is there a refuge in the time of tribulation
Go to the rock, I know he is able
I go to the rock

[Repeat Chorus (2X)]

I go the rock when I need a friend
I can go to the rock
I go to the rock when I need a shelter
You can go to the rock
I can go
I go to the rock
I can go, I can go to the rock
I can go when I need some shelter
When I need a friend
I can go



0 comments:

Post a Comment