Sunday, March 28, 2010

Virtual Easter Tute Choir Concert: I Stand All Amazed/Many Names

“Paul gave a simple explanation for the need of the Atonement: “For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.” Jesus Christ was appointed and foreordained to be our Redeemer before the world was formed. With His divine sonship, His sinless life, the shedding of His blood in the Garden of Gethsemane, His excruciating death on the cross and subsequent bodily Resurrection from the grave, He became the author of our salvation and made a perfect Atonement for all mankind.


“Understanding what we can of the Atonement and the Resurrection of Christ helps us to obtain a knowledge of Him and of His mission. Any increase in our understanding of His atoning sacrifice draws us closer to Him. Literally, the Atonement means to be “at one” with Him. The nature of the Atonement and its effects is so infinite, so unfathomable, and so profound that it lies beyond the knowledge and comprehension of mortal man. I am profoundly grateful for the principle of saving grace.”
[The Atonement; our Greatest Hope. James E. Faust, November 2001 Ensign.]





“Many titles and names are descriptive of His divine mission and ministry. He Himself taught: “I am the light and the life of the world. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end”. “I am … your advocate with the Father”. “I am the good shepherd”. “I am Messiah, the King of Zion, the Rock of Heaven”. “I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger [or] thirst”. “I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman”. “I am the resurrection, and the life” . “I am … the bright and morning star”, “Jesus Christ, your Redeemer, the Great I Am”.
“He is the Mediator, the Savior, the Redeemer, the Head of the Church, its Chief Cornerstone. At the last day, “God shall judge … men by Jesus Christ according to [the] gospel”.
[Boyd K. Packer, “Who Is Jesus Christ?,” Liahona, Mar 2008, 12–19]
“And moreover, I say unto you, that there shall be no other name given nor any other way nor means whereby salvation can come unto the children of men, only in and through the name of Christ, the Lord Omnipotent.”
Mosiah 3:17
The song we did here was "The Man with Many Names" from The Garden by Michael McLean.  Fantastic.

0 comments:

Post a Comment